Friday, April 19, 2002

Nearly 5 on a friday. Why am I still here when every other bugger seems to have wandered off early? Partly cos I still need to make the hours up, and partly cos Joan is having to stay late so I might as well too.

Had one of the regular Car Park meetings I tag along to today. I don't really have much to say but its nice to get Park & Ride recognised as part of the overall town centre scheme of things. And I get to pick up the odd bit of juicy gossip relating to the town as well. Followed that up with lunch with my former colleague Richard who now works for Ipswich Borough Council (as assistant Car Park Manger, funnily enough) - a nice Wetherspoons Minted Lamb Burger and pint of cider. Total outlay for the two of us was less than a tenner, so not bad value either!

Am now heads down in the proof checking of the new area timetable books. Found errors on 30 pages in the first one I've looked at, so I guess next week will be spent in more of the same. In the past I've taken them home to work on, but I'm not doing that any more. Home is not to be messed with. That's one thing I've learned in recent months since my last attack of stressage.

Another musical recommendation is Black Market Music by Placebo. Well, the first half that I listened to on the way in for now. Not that I expect the rest of it to go dramatically downhill. Awesome drum sound.

No comments: