Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Just been up to visit Ipswich Buses to sort out their stops when the gyratory system comes in and it is hot hot hot out there. So hot I had to have an ice cream on the way back. Mmmmm, Galaxy Caramel Swirls, very tasty. Such a hard life. And I'd only just got back from a wander at lunchtime in the sun too, where I managed to control my expenditure to some new films for the camera. Well, can't be out of the office in the summer and not take a few pictures now, can I?

Still, being hot makes me wish I could wear fewer clothes to work which reminds me I need to iron a couple of shirts tonight which in turn reminds me of this what I got sent the other day:

Reasons to go to work Naked

1.No one ever steals your chair.

2.Gives 'bad hair day' a whole new meaning.

3.Diverts attention from the fact that you also came to work drunk.

4.People stop stealing your pens after they've seen where you keep them.

5.So that - with a little help from Muzak - you can add 'Exotic Dancer'to your exaggerated CV.

6.You want to see if it's like the dream.

7.To stop those letches in IT from looking down your blouse.

8.'I'd love to chip in, but I left my wallet in my trousers.'

9.Inventive way to finally meet that special person in Human Resources.

10.Can take advantage of computer monitor radiation to work on your tan.

...and (drum roll) the number one reason to go to work naked:

11.Your boss is always yelling, 'I want to see your arse in here by 8am!'

Well, they made me smile at the time. Then again, the temp looking after the TraveLine this afternoon is displaying far too much wrinkly flesh for her age and I do wish she'd sit down and get out of my field of vision.

Smiles were good as we now have the job descriptions and they are not really smile material at all. Whatsoever in fact. They have as threatened taken my job and Gary's job and mixed them up to create two jobs that neither of us really want to do. If I go for the senior post I lose out on the Park & Ride bits that I like the best but in the junior one I have to do bloody roadside again. Part of me wouldn't object to that at this time of year, but I don't want to be going out in the rain all the time. I've done that and got out of it thankyouverymuch. Will have to do some good hard thinking over the next couple of days as to what I really want to be doing for the next few years.

It doesn't help that Gary is currently out of the office looking for sticker suppliers and taking some pictures of bus shelters and then when I go home I won't be back here until mid-afternoon on Friday. We won't get the chance to talk it over between us until then and they want some indication from us if we are more interested in one post or the other. Although technically neither of us can go for the senior post as we haven't got associate membership of the Institute of Logistics and Transport.

I did look in to membership back when I first started here but they wanted about £900 to put me through the graduate entry programme and then another £50 ish a year membership fee (none of which the Council would pay) all for a one scale point pay increase which would only just cover the £50. So I decided not to bother with that. After all, it would be of no value at all if I left transport.

I guess I could be barking up the wrong tree but I just getthe feeling they have already earmarked me for the junior position but don't want to admit as much. God, I hate all this crap and indecision, but it seems to consume me at times like this. One day I will be a positive person. Yeah, I'm positive I'll get the worse deal!

At least I can still enjoy music at the moment. When I had the real big downer before starting this job I couldn't even do that for much of the time. On the subject, finished off the Rutles at lunchtime and have now moved on to Kite by the much missed Kirsty MacColl. Why do the good die young?

No comments: