Saturday, April 13, 2002

I had the feeling I wouldn't get much time to update this week, and it seems I was right.

Anyway, got round the County with my home-made versions on Tuesday, so I guess I'll have the real things waiting for me when I finally get in to work on Monday. Not that I am particularly looking forward to going back, other than for a rest - sure have been hectic over the last few days.

Wednesday we went down to Clacton. Not been there for about 5 or 6 years when I did a couple of weeks cover at Argos there. The place hasn't changed at all - still as common as muck! Just the sort of tacky British Seaside resort it always has been. And it was very "bracing" out on the pier. Or in other words, we nearly got blown off the side! On the way home we had a look at the designer shopping outlet village place that opened up a couple of years back. They called it Clacton Common back then, but have changed since. Half the shops were empty, and there were very few people about, so I'm not sure how much longer it will last. I bought a couple of cheap t-shirts, but most of the other stuff we saw was not reduced over the normal prices. Not much impressed.

More later.

No comments: