Tuesday, February 12, 2002

I was wrong - meeting turned out to be very interesting and useful after all. And then a nice lunch down the pub afterwards so I now have a smile on my face. Can highly recommend the Lord Nelson to anyone in Ipswich looking for a bite to eat.

Hmm, must stop using the phrase Highly Recommend here. Trouble is, I don't tend to have indifferent opinions - I either like something a lot or hate it and if I like it I assume other people will too. Basically, if I mention a film book or whatever on here it will be because I have enjoyed it thoroughly and hopefully you will too.

Speaking of films, we finally got round to seeing Lord of the Rings last Sunday. I was suitably impressed. At first I was just knocked out by how close to my personal vision of the Shire etc Peter Jackson and his team had got with their visuals and also by how the effects were great at reducing the hobbits in size etc. But then I just got lost in the whole epic nature of the thing, stopped looking for how closely it matched the book and suddenly it was three hours later. OK, so I would have liked ot have sen them attempt Tom Bombadil, but I can see why that section was left out. Will definitely end up buying all three on DVD for protracted re-watchings in the future (and no, they won't stop me re-reading the books every couple of years).

I think I've been at work long enough now so time to go home for pancakes and some tv-related vegetation. Holby City tonight and we need to know if Sam will do the decent thing and tell Alex about the vodka....

No comments: