Wednesday, February 13, 2002

Feeling pretty down today. I'd like to be able to say it was caused by the "sorry, thanks for your interest but we don't want to give you an interview this time" letter from the East of England Tourist Board that came this morning, but I wasn't in the best of spirits before the post arrived. Just one of those woke up with it days. If they happen on a weekend I don't mind cos I can just ride out the gloom listening to suitably down music and not having to worry about interacting with people. Unfortunately today means work meaning people to try and get through. Oh well, the morning's done now in one long meeting/listening to other people while trying to stay awake session so only a few more hours to go.

We are involved in a huge database transfer project at the moment which has been ongoing for well over a year now and still sees no sign of ever coming to an end. There are stacks of other smaller projects and even jobs hanging on the outcome and I just want to get on with them rather than the continual hanging about while they try to fix another problem. I seem to be in a perpetual state of oscillation between manic panic-stricken deadlines to meet using outmoded software and late information and hanging about trying to find things to do. It would be nice for stuff to come in a steady stream, but I don't reckon much on the prospect of that in the near future. And we are always fighting against the opposing realities of having to get information out to the public in time for them to make proper use of new bus services or changed routes but not getting hold of it ourselves until a few days before services start. The upcoming change in notice period from 42 to 56 days will help, but how much is still in the realms of guesswork.

Anyway, seeing the doctor on Friday. Was hoping to say I was feeling great and can I start coming off the meds yet, but after today I don't think that would be such a good idea after all.

Hmm, this is making for gloomy reading, so I'll stop and maybe come back later if I get anything more uplifiting to say.

No comments: