Friday, May 02, 2003

Well, I was right about one thing - the name book was indeed finished on Wednesday night. Very interesting and one that will no doubt be dipped into again in association with other London Books. Am now re-reading Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett. I seem to have managed to forget the majority of the plot so it is proving just as enjoyable as when I first read it a few years back.

Yesterday was very busy sorting out nit-pickedy changes, surprising the purchaser of the millionth Park & Ride ticket and a New Routes meeting. Today is more book changes and more book changes and yet more book changes. I'll be glad to get home tonight for a long weekend I think, even if it does feature the last tooth out on Tuesday. And of course we aren't going straight home either. Instead we are having dinner at Helen & Bhupen's to make up for not doing it on her birthday due to Joan being so ill.

OK, film review time (finally, scream the millions). Stuff we have watched and (mostly) enjoyed of late:

The Fast And The Furious - A bit different from what I was expecting but very enjoyable anyway. I admit I am a bit of a sucker for fast cars, but also got gripped by the plot too.

Legally Blonde - Much better than I was expecting. Have seen so many American College comedies that it was nice to be surprised by a bit of difference in the plot and intelligence in the script.

Saving Private Ryan - Been putting this one off for years after hearing about the grisly first half hour or so, and yes it is pretty gruesome at times but glad we gave it a chance at last. Very well played piece of drama and not too sentimental in the end for Mr Spielberg.

The Parole Officer - Steve Coogan not playing up as much as most of his charachters and actually being watchable as a result. I saw this a while back with Gary and have been meaning to watch it again with Joan ever since, so it turning up on Sky Widescreen was great.

Bridget Jones's Diary - Had avoided this like the plague after all the hype surrounding it and the book inthe first place but finally caved in and found it pretty good. Not as good as all the hype but better than a slap in the face with a wet haddock.

Star Wars Episode II - Attack Of The Clones - I'm turning away from this even more. Not even sure if it's better than Episode I now. Too many things that mess up the continuity of the rest of the series (and indeed internally in the film it self), the plot os just appalling and there are just too many CGi stupidities. So glad I resisted buying it and just borrowed Richard's copy.

And probably some more I can't remember now.

No comments: