Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Busy old weekend.

On the way home Friday night (after getting the stuff to put the patio down with) I got hit by the headache from hell, that put me out of action for the rest of the night, which was not fun. Saturday Joan was off, and by the time I was feeling compos-mentis it was at least mid-morning. So, we wandered into town, had lunch then went shopping. Afternoon spent tidying up for the evening when Helen, Bhupen & Alexander came along for a Chinese. A good time was had by all, and I finally felt 100% human again by the time we went to bed.

Sunday Joan was at work. I did a bit on the patio area in a levelling sort of way until I managed to snap the head on the rake. Then it was time to go and look at the old cars etc. on the Ipswich - Felixstowe historic vehicle run. Some absolute corkers as expected. Didn't get all the way down the prom to see them as there was a CD fair on at the Leisure centre which kind of sucked me in. Finally managed to get hold of the re-released, re-mastered Iron Maiden Live After Death at a price I was prepared to pay for something I already have on vinyl, and also got hold of TWO Diesel Park West CDs, one of which I didn't even know existed. Looking forward to giving them a spin soon. Then in the evening we went to Ma & Pa's for dinner. They now have a nice trench all round the garage where the extension is going. Managed not to fall in it.

Yesterday being a bank holiday and all, we were not at all surprised to see black clouds when we woke up. It did cheer up in the end, and with the assistance of Jerry from next door and Old Eric from up the road got the patio finally down and finished. Also cut the grass and did some general tidying up while Joan made cakes. And very tasty they were too. Then to round off the day we watched The Mummy Returns. I know the plot is a bit thin, and the effects tend to take over, but it's still a fun couple of hours and we like that sort of stuff!

Been to Norwich this morning for a meeting and off to Cambridge tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be zonked by the end of the day, but at least I'm getting paid for it!

No comments: