Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Blurgh, I feel reet grotty today. Hay fever I am assuming rather than a cold after spending pretty much all day out in the garden yesterday. All stuffed up and not breathing properly. Which meant I didn't sleep particularly well. And of course the anticipation and wondering if anyone is going to come over and give me some good news doesn't help either. And at gone 4pm I don't think it is actually going to happen today. Which could just mean Mitchell thinks Chris (or possibly personnel perhaps) ought to tell me or could mean he doesn't want me for the job. I just want to know one way or the other then I can start planning properly. Hey ho.

So, what was the rest of the weekend like? Sunday was nice, fairly sunny and tolerably warm for the time of year. We went for a walk along the beach in the morning, sat on the cliff tops with an ice cream, that sort of thing. Generally a lazy day (even to the point that Richard came along and we had some three player games of Bust-A-Move and Monkey Bowling). Then we went to Bingo in the evening. Yes, that's right. WE! Joan and Helen had been planning to go and they decided Bhupen and I ought to go along as well. We only played 2 books at a time rather than the 6 they handled (I think I could easily upgrade to 3 or 4 with no problems straight away - 6 after a month or so of practice!) and nobody won anything but it was an interesting experience. Lots of gaps between the main games where you can play extra ones at a pound a time (anyone playing the lot while we were there would have shelled out well over £100) and odd concentrated bursts of concentration. I expect I'll go again some time, but not every time Joan wants to go.

Yesterday, as mentioned, we spent most of the day in the garden doing the annual shed clearout, pruning, grass cutting, car washing etc. We also had our first lunch outside of the year and got a teensy bit sunburned into the process. In the evening we watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding which was just as good as we had been lead to believe.

Oh yes, and I bought a Gameboy Advance SP for half price on Saturday. Just borrowing games from Richard for now rather than spending loads of money on them myself. There are a few I would like, but we shall see how the job and money situation goes first.

Back here today and nothing much going on that thrills. Popped into town at lunchtime to buy Richard's birthday presents and otherwise just updating reports, writing letters and so forth. And now time to head home I think...

No comments: