Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Woke up full of nervous anticipation today. Not really sure what for though - could be Friday and the dental work or it could be to do with having my performance review/appraisal thing next week. Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to either of those but neither can really be avoided.

Nice to be back in the office again today though as once more the rain is coming down every now and then in huge bucketfuls.

Not mentioned dreams for a while because I've not been remembering much about them, but a couple have stuck out. One was the first anticipatory Switzerland dream. If the hotel turns out to be halfway as nice as the one my brain assembled it will be a very nice week. Although I don't think we want the snow that also arrived with it!

The other one that sticks out was Monday night. While waiting for Charles on Monday while he was at a meeting in Lowestoft I went to one of the arcades at the pier to have a nose about for old games. i.e. ones that use proper joysticks rather than all the light gun, driving and dancing stuff that clutters up most arcades now. We are trying to locate as many classics as possible and list them on a Llamasoft web site offshoot so that was in my mind when I went to sleep. So I ended up dreaming of heading off to a meeting in Cambridgeshire with Charles and Chris which proceeded to over run. In the end we were forced to spend the night in the staff canteen at the place the meeting was held and that was absolutely crammed with old machines. Strange.

No comments: