Monday, June 14, 2004

Oh, but I cannot wait for Wednesday to come and go. At least then I might get a rest from phone calls asking if we are doing special P&R services for the Elton John concert. OK, so then there will be calls about all the other concerts coming up but we might just get a day's breather if luck holds out. It doesn't seem to matter what I do to get the information out there, people still insist on calling instead. Even the ones who have found a leaflet call to see if it is correct. Fair does my head in. At least I am out of the office all day on Wednesday on a disability awareness course so won't have the biggest rush of questions.

Weekend was tolerable in the main. Weather was great but Joan was at work both days so I can't say I enjoyed it all that much. Lots of reading, ironing, shopping, sitting in the sun, putting up new trellis in the garden and stuff like that while she was out. Yesterday was Alexander's 18th Birthday (kind of scary) so we went up there for dinner and to dish out the presents. A good time was had by all, although Bhupen had to dash off after we'd been there an hour or so to go to work. Which is one of the things that has put me off ever changing to that job no matter how good the wages are. Unpredictable hours and night-shifts are not my cup of tea.

One thing I didn't do over the weekend though was to watch the Grand Prix. From Canada, which meant it was on while we were up at the birthday bash. But, no surprises, Michael S won. So I'm not too stressed at missing it.

Today back at the old grindstone. Having been away at conference for three days at the end of last week (and off again today) Chris did of course come in on Saturday. But only a few emails and not the ones I was expecting so perhaps I managed to get everything right last week! And so far we have two bids received for my first tender effort... Roll on Thursday when we can open them.

No comments: