Friday, May 21, 2004

Ooooh, had a real blast of nostalgia yesterday. A bunch of maps from a potential cartography supplier including a town plan of Derby. So I spent a good 20 minutes or so looking at that plotting where people lived during the college days, shops and so forth. I definitely feel the need to pop up there for a day or so of mooching about old haunts some time. And if that could be combined with a ride on the new Nottingham tram system then so much the better.

Definitely feeling like I don't know what I'm doing these last couple of days too. OK, so there is still enough of the old job to have kept me busy, but with Charles and Chris off there has been no one to turn to for a bit of guidance. Still, the books are finished and signed off now so that should be my last set of those. Hopefully I will be replaced by the time the next edition is due. And today I got out for three and a bit hours to another meeting at Ipswich Borough about the concerts this summer. A bit of a waste of time as it was mostly waffle about the stage construction and food concession licencing etc with a teensy section devoted to transport. But I needed to go to the bank anyway...

Because Grandma has been feeling her age and looking in to inheritance tax issues should the inevitable happen sooner than she wants. So she has decided to offload a bit of cash on to all us grandchildren while she can see what we do with it. So that was very generous and makes our holiday plans a bit more exciting this year. Now all we need to do is decide on something and book it.

And now for the weekend...

No comments: