Friday, January 09, 2004

And that's another week nearly over and done then. Still very quiet in the office (in fact possibly more so than over Christmas as they have turned the air blowers off again, so as well as not having cold currents blasting over us we can actually hear ourselves think once
more). Wednesday I was out in the van looking for new timetable outlets again, however not alone for a change. I took Matt the trainee with me as (a) we had to take down the Park & Ride christmas signs and (b) he needs to see a bit more about what we do around the county, where places are etc. Quite a good trip out all told, although we had a couple of places refuse to stock the books which annoyed me rather. Yesterday and today just general in the office stuff for the main - checking timetable proofs, writing letters - although this morning I managed to escape to a Car Parks meeting. About as fun as it sounds really!

We have re-watched the first two Lord Of The Rings films this week in readiness for seeing part three tomorrow. Cracking stuff, and am so pleased with the extended dvd versions, they really flesh the story out properly. Not sure now how much longer I can out off re-reading the whole thing...

And speaking of reading, I have just finished the Sting book. Again, very interesting (it must seem like I praise everything with the same selection of words, but really I can't recall the last book I didn't enjoy!) and good to get an insight into some of the stuff that went on pre-Police. I will be more than happy to read it again in the future and also a second volume should he choose to write one. It has also reminded me of his links with the extended Gong family and I really must listen to the music again now. Fiction next...

No comments: