Monday, March 25, 2002

Well it looks like I failed in the plans for getting online this weekend after all! I only managed about an hour of PC use in total over the whole four days, and most of that was spent updating the virus protection. Oh well, here I am now.

Apart from a stonkingly bad migraine on Saturday morning (worst I can remember for years) the weekend went very well if very busy. Got all the furniture delivered on Thursday so most of the rest of the day was spent putting it together (was going to slide in a joke about Screwing there, but I'll let you fill your own in). Bed is extremely comfortable and the room now looks fabulous. Will definitely be taking some pictures to plop on the web somewhere over the next few days. The only downside is that I now haven't got the "nowhere to hang it" excuse to avoid doing any ironing. Bum.

Then just lots of odd-jobbing, grass-cutting, house-sorting kinda stuff.

Did find the time to finish HP & Chamber of Secrets. Just as good as the first one and looking forward to seeing the film before Christmas. Have now embarked on a biography of steam pioneer Richard Trevithick by Anthony Burton. He did a really good one on Thomas Telford (Roads, bridges, that sort of stuff) a couple of years ago, so expect this one will also be a worthy read.

And we added American Pie 2 to the DVD collection. Just as good as the first one in the laughter files, and another film I'm looking forward to some of the commentaries on (only 4 to choose from!). Also got The Green Mile today as it was cheap in the HMV sale. Another absolute classic from Tom Hanks there.

Still no sign of the American CDs but we did get this year's Council Tax bill instead. Boo hiss. I know I work for the council and would like a pay rise, but I don't see why I should have to pay for it myself!

Right, time for a bit more work.

No comments: